Medication Administration in School

Medication Delivery Information

If your child will be taking medicine at school, provider and parent permission forms are needed for both prescription and over the counter medications.  New medication permission forms are required each school year. New York State Law requires that:​

Parents or guardians must personally deliver all medication to the school health office (unless a self carry order form is signed by parent and physician.) 

    • All controlled medications must be brought by an adult.All medication must remain in properly labeled pharmacy or original over the counter (OTC) containers.

    • A new prescription/medication form signed by the medical provider is required at the beginning of every school year.

    • The parent must sign the medication permission form.

    We request that you ask your pharmacist to give you a secon identically labled container for any prescription medications your student will take at school.  We also request that you bring small containers of any OTC medications that your student will take.  This will allow the School Nurse to send these medications on field trips and comply with New York State laws pertaining to medication storage.

    Medication forms are available on our district we biste or may be obtained from the School Health Office.  Your physician may use their own form if desired.

    Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.